my hood in food

while lily is in the grocery getting a burger. I am here munching on some sweets from around the place I live. chocolate covered crunchy caramels with almonds and the most heavenly mochi ever!

I keep saying this place is super lame. but sometimes I wonder. the neighborhood cafe sells 12 usd sandwiches. there's a spanish bistro, where you can get all sorts of wine and those almond-y desserts and those french chestnuts in marzipan. really... there's something I am missing here... I keep saying I live in the ghetto ( I mean it's so impoverished as an environment), but... at least there's funky food...

although, I would kill for an in and out burger any day of the week!
***some years back, I remember an installation at the palais de tokyo --- in grafitti is said: add elegance to your poverty, then in graphite pencil scribbles (almost unseen) and love to your life... sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment