Funky Junky!

Yes indeed! Yesterday I had the urge to get some junk food! Talking about LA, about the states I had the serious need of something awefully junky! I wanted a burger desperately. But I can't get Mc Donald's anymore since I had the luck of getting food allergies. I had to make it myself...and that was a big deal. Got the meat, the bun, the special mozzarella for the freaks who have allergies, pickles, tomatoes and fries. A big freakin deal, especially for the time. Started cooking and produced a huge cheese burger and sat in front of my tv watching "The Closer". My first bite was interesting: the burger for some reason decided to run away and ended its escape on the floor! The remaining chunk, still in my mouth was terrible! The worst burger ever! Screw junky funky. I ended my dinner with an orange!
That was the moment when I started smiling, alone in front of a tv show, where the entire crew of detectives was happily eating...burgers! I loved junk in the states. I remember at school, in the middle of the night cruising through the city of angels looking for the most incredible disgusting things to eat: Taco Bell, Carl's junior, DelTaco (worst than my burger), El Pollo Loco. All of those we called "survival food". We would go back at the "old SCI-Arc" spreading an amazing fragrance all over the place! Our lives were dictated by this orderly routine. Junk town! To that we added some fabulous urban food, simply gorgeous: Johnnies Pastrami, Tito's Tacos, Singapore Express...I am salivating thinking about that! But I am in Switzerland now. In a hole town in the middle of nowhere. Nothing. The junky funky stuff we can get is kebeb! Now I have to cook, no more cruises in the land of greasy food! Now the order of my culinary routine is very structural, and that goes well combined with my profession: as Jay Vanos used to say (I am smiling right now) architecture is like food; structure, layers, colors and form. Yes indeed! I only hope that my buildings dont end up like my burger: unattractive, ugly. Simply a structural collapsing mess!


coloredfood1
coloredfood4
coloredfood5
structuralfood1

1 comments:

February 18, 2009 at 3:03 AM ML said...

my god! lily! I am laughing! I cannot believe we ate all that stuff back then. and those coffees from the doughnut place that Guy used to get at 2 am! toxic.

Post a Comment