eairth(-y paradise) my funky obssession

I loved sci arc, everyone had their own style. it was such a thrill to just go to class, everyone had attitude, and were visually intriguing. just like their work. though, ultimately I think I liked clothes more than I liked buildings. and I probably still do.

during seasonal barneys sales, where they would serve up champagne while you shop, I would cut class, I'd run into some classmates there! this meant, an empty classroom. since we were only 7 or so. weimar culture. I'd ran into jose zaldivar. years later while I was at grad school in new york, lo and behold. I
run into jose, at barneys on madison. later that night, I crashed a magazine party, and again, there was jose! hilarious! (he would do up his jay vanos design development drawings on photoshop! now that's the spirit)


no barneys here, but I've been shooting for my friend's label eiarth. (I can't release the images yet, but here's an old out take from spring 1999) this particular dress blows up like a balloon when it's windy! it's all I wear these days.

***come to think of it, I think I chose sci arc because everyone looked cool...and yes, it was a very funky paradise!
music: heart of glass - blondie, massive attack -the blue lines album

0 comments:

Post a Comment