in between days

another proustian moment. another picture that shouldn't have even existed.
the reality was a mess. mixed up flight schedules. I arrive in manila with 3 other full flights in the torrential rain. the driver leaves my car in the middle of it all. I run into the car with all my luggage...soaking wet. driver is missing. (car left running)the past couple of hours were the opposite of paradise...thank god, he left the cd player blasting some kraftwerk.... ahhhhh. nice...so it's those little things that make a huge disaster, funky and funny.

thank god no one bothered to steal my car.

why is it freezing here in manila??? wh
at's going on?

amazing to be back in my forest of an apartment. (plants are all in good shape, dog is missing) a jar of nutella on my desk, and a bottle of wine... wow... how did that happen? who left that (for me?) there's this talented janitor in my building who made me some little ecologies in pots for me too (4 different species in one pot! and well a carafe and rocks with plants growing out of them.) ok not good, how did that happen???)! so sweet (to be back home!) my brother left a huge photo of water bubbles, framed. with ribbons hanging all over it in my
room.

my 6 fluffy pillows and organically dyed sheets... ahhhh ... my funky paradise!



jose gonzales (cover) - love will tear us apart

5 comments:

March 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM Lily Penelope said...

thank god you are back!!!! It's windy and freakly cold here too!!! How was you trip??
I got an email from vic (sciarc) who told me that giovanni told him ruth died...which ruth??? the receptionist? or our classmate???

March 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM ML said...

ruth? my god! the receptionist perhaps? she is, or was the sweetest ever! oh god. I'm freaking out. I should've hit la or new york. I'll tell ya about it on email.. or skype...

trip was ok. finally got to see a friend from sci arc. israel. that was nice. it's so bizarre, you remember someone a certain way. and somehow, they are still the same!

I cannot wait to see you and efrem!

come by here.. I might move in the fall...

March 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM Lily Penelope said...

by the way...our classmate died....so sad.
where are you moving???
let's go to LA this summer

March 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM ML said...

what? ruth? how? what happened? will get on skype... devastating.

yeah let's hit la. I may be moving to new york. long story. might do a phd under ted's programme

March 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM ML said...

oh, emmylou is in town too. I will see her within the week. what is going on??????????

Post a Comment