The Circus of Taste

circus2
There it is. The spectacle begins. Lions with their combed hair. A seal playing with a green ball. Clowns and other funny characters are filling the space. A strange lady walking with a sign announcing the next artist. Number 8. A ballerina trying to accomplish a very difficult number. But she falls down and hurts her ankle. Acrobats flying in the air. Compositions and forms in the big top. Finally, the big jump. Adrenaline is swimming through my body. Artists performing a double jump inside my brain. A funky smell, is it popcorn? No, more powerful. People are screaming and applauding. Mission accomplished. The show is over. I thought it was a circus. Instead they are only wasabi peanuts. Adrenaline in my brain. A circus of taste!

1 comments:

April 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM ML said...

I was at the edge of my seat, rushing to get to the end of your post!

Post a Comment